Best Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do at Home
It used to be common practice for athletes serious about bodybuilding to spend plenty of hours at the gym. However, the last couple of years have shown that maintaining a regular gym routine can be challenging due to the constant lockdown measures. On the other hand, some people are interested in building muscle but don’t have a nearby gym. For these reasons, we have decided to put together a guide on the best bodybuilding exercises you can do at home.
What are your exercise goals?
Not every workout routine is going to be the same. Therefore, you must be realistic about your goals from the onset. Are you interested in bodybuilding as a way to put on muscle and bulk up, or are you looking to get fit and lose weight? Your goals can influence what diet you should stick to and what supplements will be the right pick to develop gains on time.
On the other hand, if your main goal is cutting fat, you might want to look into SARMS, which will let you shed fat while still achieving muscle gain at the same time. Thankfully, there are many options for you to choose from. However, you should start by thinking about what you want to achieve by bodybuilding at home.
Focus on high-intensity exercises when working out at home
Recently, many people have been looking to High-Intensity Interval Training in order to get the most explosive workout in a short amount of time. Without a doubt, HIIT is one of the most popular types of cardio and endurance workouts. You can combine an HIIT workout routine with other exercises and add some weight exercises into the mix. This is one of the best ways to ensure that the bodybuilding exercises you can do at home are effective and don’t take up too much of your time. Just take some time out for a short, explosive workout and then go back to your day.
The home gym
Obviously, you will get the best results from the bodybuilding exercises you can do at home if you can set up a home gym. Contrary to what many people believe, home gyms aren’t that expensive or difficult to install. If you are able to pull this off, you can mirror the exercises you were doing at the gym before making the switch to working out from home. Unfortunately, one of the main hurdles of setting up a gym at your home is the lack of space. Not everyone has a spare room or a garage they can deck out with exercise machines.
The best bodybuilding exercises you can do at home
1. Exercises that include gear
Even without a fully equipped home gym, your workout will hugely benefit if you have access to some gear. Consider investing in basic gear that you can use for the best bodybuilding exercises you can do at home:
- Weights. Bicep curls, triceps extensions, chest press, pullovers – the list goes on and on. Working out with weights is exceptionally effective for building upper-body and arm strength.
- Jump rope. If you are looking for a good cardio workout you can do at home, look no further. Jump rope is cheap, requires very little space, and it’s easy to get the hang of.
- Pull-up bar. There are several different models, and you can install one onto a wall or even a door frame. Pull-ups are great for building arm and shoulder strength.
- Resistance bands. One of the best ways to target your quads and glutes at home is through resistance band workouts.
- Yoga mat – Great for a wide variety of exercises that you will be doing on the floor with your body weight. These can include a mix of planks and pushups, as well as weight exercises when you are resting on your back.
If you plan to be serious about these bodybuilding exercises you can do at home, you might want to look for ways to give your body some additional fuel. Many athletes go with prohormones as an alternative to steroids. With a little boost from our Matrix products, you can achieve muscle gains even without going to the gym.
2. Exercising without any additional gear
Calisthenics is exercising by using the weight of your own body. It can be a good substitute for weight training. However, for the best results, you should combine calisthenics drills with weights. Ideally, you should rotate several exercises that target different muscle groups. Fortunately, there are many great bodybuilding exercises you can do at home without any gear, and all you need is the motivation to train. If you are unsure where to begin, we always recommend starting with a mix of squats, pushups, planks, sit-ups, and burpees.
Things to keep an eye out for
Exercising at home probably means you’ll be working out alone. Without anyone to coach you, you’ll need to be careful. Stay safe, know your limits, and pay attention to the following:
- Get enough rest. People who exercise alone are often prone to pushing themselves too far and overtraining. Give your body enough time to recover, or you won’t be achieving the gains you should be.
- Stick to a diet that supports your training. A keto diet is popular with bodybuilders, but it’s important to know how to balance it while cycling SARMS.
- Watch your weight and stay healthy. If you’re exercising in cycles, you’ll need to carefully plan your peaks and recovery periods. We recommend ALS to aid your liver recovery in post-cycle therapy.
Conclusion: best bodybuilding exercises you can do at home
Hopefully, we’ve given you some insight into the best bodybuilding exercises you can do at home, as well as tips on how to support an intense exercise routine. As you can see, you don’t need too much gear for a complete home workout. With a bit of careful planning and the proper fuel for your body, you can achieve incredible results without leaving your house.